What are Ornamental Trees? These trees are usually small with special features like interesting bark, showy flowers, or eye-catching foliage. An ornamental also has a pleasing shape and fits easily … [Read More...] about 3 Tips For Landscaping Successfully With Ornamental Trees
All most bloggers read their statistics through blog counters. One of the interesting things for me are the the ways people find themselves on the pages, through search engine questions. Just for fun I’ll put the latest ones here… and hopefully in giving an answer or two, someone benefits from my obsession with the blog traffic stats.
- How to clean garden vegetables? I just use one of those nifty veggie brushes for most of them, if you don’t eat/cook them up right away you can wipe them off with a paper towel. Otherwise, rinse under clean water.
- How to treat wet clay soil? Not at all. Don’t touch it. but once it dries out to crumbly textures you can do many things:). Read my 5 Tips for Clay
- Should I put peat moss in garden in the fall? anytime is a good time, but fall is a great time to put peat moss into your soil! I ♥ Peat Moss
- In the fall when should one cut back bee balm and black eyed susans? Sure, if you wish to clean up the garden beds, go ahead and cut them down. I like to leave the little black seedheads of the Black-eyed Susans for winter interest, but that’s just me
- Why has my kolkwitzia gone brown? Oooo, good question. I’ve had some trouble on a cotoneaster, and the winter honeysuckle. Sounds like something at the root, given how wet and cool conditions were this year it might be a bacterial blight. Might be borers. check for further signs and cut back to the ground. If it dried out, it’s a goner.
- Clay soil, add coffee grounds? Yes, please. Just dig them right into the soil.
- What month should you start building a garden? Now is a nice time, there is no time like the present…with good weather, soft soil, and winter freeze to condition the soil. If you plant new things in it, get them in now and consider mulching to prevent “heave”.
- Old Man’s Cave craft show? I’ll have to look that one up… Old Man’s Cave site doesn’t mention anything. There is a “Lancaster Eagle-Gazette Fall Craft Show” which is on the way to Old’s Man’s Cave for many ( from Columbus). Oct 31
one more…”pruning yugo pine” You mean “mugo” dahling, I’m pretty sure. But I might have spelled it wrong, which is why mean old google sent you here, or the confusion I once had in spelling it “mugho”…however it is I think the page you want is When to prune a Mugo Pine