We’ve had thunderstorming on and off for the last few hours. Thank You, God. Now I hope to do some of the planting and perennial dividing that needs to be done.
I had gotten around to trimming and tieing up the ‘Wisteria Vine That Has Never Bloomed’. Not in more than the fifteen to seventeen years or so that I have had it… but it has pretty leaves….
Anyway, so I pulled out the old bird nesting and dead pieces, then had my Handyman put up some sturdy steel hooks, pulled out the ladders, cut some old clothesline and tied up the sprawling vine. Now the entry to the porch is adorned, but clear to navigate. spent a little time weeding the area under the nearby lilac. I pruned it out severely this year… laid a few old concrete walk pieces, and am ready to hack out the stumpy leftovers in order to underplant with a low-growing hedge of spirea. I had purchased one of those very large urns from Home Depot for a focal point, and now it needs a background.
This is one time you need a picture for clarity… so here is what I’ve worked on – pre trimming, tieing,clearing,weeding, and pruning: