There are so many ways to enjoy herb plants, that they are not for herb gardens only. Think about tucking them into the landscape, into containers or into your home.
I do I enjoy thee? Oh, Herb, Let me count the ways!
10 Ways I Enjoy Herbs (and you can, too!)
- In companion plantings, herbs often repel harmful organisms through their volatile oils.
- Delicious when culinary herb choices are grown in the garden.
- Herbs make delightful bouquets, either alone or mixed into your favorite flowers. Tussie Mussie, anyone?
- They are usually easy to grow.
- Their soft coloring, whether in foliage or flower, make garden color harmony.
- Herbs smell heavenly.
- You can make crafts out of them.
- You can grow them on your windowsill.
- Herbs may improve your health.
- People have grown herbs for ages. They are historically important plants.
What are some ways of growing herbs in the garden?
Of course, the garden dedicated to them, the herb garden, sometimes laid out in rows, or in a Colonial manner of blocks -either in raised bed or simply planted along a path or fence. Since some of them run at the root, people do like to keep them contained, either in the raised bed or container pots. The only one that gives everyone a bit of trouble with running through the garden is the Mints, but who doesn’t love a spot of mint tea? And added to meats or chopped into salads, mint makes everything so refreshing.
As part of a kitchen garden, herbs are traditional companions to tomatoes, whether you want parsley or basil, and that is the natural place for your kitchen herbs. I have dill that comes up every year in my vegetable garden. I just pull it up where it isn’t wanted; not deeply rooted and easy to remove, the seedling s are also distinctive and easy to weed out.
Tucked into nooks and crannies inside a Cottage garden is the perfect way to include them in a garden “plan” for a very sweet smelling and lovely medley of plantings. Thyme running along cracks in the pathway, a purple blooming stand of sage as a full stop, there are so many beautiful ways to incorporate herbs in such a place.
If you want lots of herbs for crafts they are easily grown out in rows in a cutting garden. I loved marjoram wreaths for my kitchen. Try making potpourris and include Sweet Annie (Artemisia annua), which can also be used for informal wreaths or a wreath base for other flowers.
Are you tempted to find a place for an herb or two ( or more!)in your life? It is one romance to share with friends and one that might grow into a life-long relationship. Herbs are like that- a perennial favorite to enjoy in many ways.
|Product Type Name||KITCHEN|
|Title||Eparé Herb Mill and Grinder - Great for Shredding and Chopping Parsley and Greens|